Digital X-Rays & Ultrasounds
Radiology – X-rays
At Highton Veterinary Clinic, we aim to be at the forefront by offering your pet the best available facilities and care.
We have digital X-ray equipment at the clinic, which makes taking X-rays a joy rather than a laborious chore.
Like digital photography, digital radiography eliminates the need to process films, and creates X-ray images that are instantly available on computer screens for examination by our veterinarians.
Advantages of digital X-rays
- A lower exposure which means the procedure is safer for pets
- Superior image quality
- Perfect images can be more easily obtained with the first X-ray for rapid, accurate diagnosis
- More environmentally friendly as there is no need for chemicals
- Images can be stored and retrieved more readily
- Images can be transferred between veterinarians or to specialists anywhere around the world for second opinions.
The use of ultrasound in small animal veterinary medicine has expanded rapidly in recent years.
Ultrasound has allowed for earlier diagnosis and better management of diseases which previously went undetected for longer periods.
The ultrasound examination is an imaging technique in which deep structures of the body can be visualised by recording echoes of ultrasonic waves which are directed into the tissues.
Ultrasound images can be frozen then saved and printed from the computer to provide a record of the examination.
Uses for Ultrasounds
- Imaging the heart – we can use it to see how the heart is beating, evaluate its size and function and check for any abnormalities
- Imaging the intestines – we can assess if muscles are contracting properly as part of the body’s mechanisms for processing food
- Imaging other internal organs, such as the kidneys, liver and spleen
- Confirmation of pregnancy
- Determining whether foreign structures are present in the chest or abdomen.
Schedule a visit
We provide the same exceptional experience at both clinics.
See what our clients have to say about their experience with us.
What an experience, amazing ♡
From walking in the door...to keeping my best friend in great health. Thanks Vets of Geelong for the level of care, and to Josie and James especially for their genuine care and empathy toward our family. #memorable
- Scott Jensen
Can not recommend more highly. The guys at reception are lovely, and the Vets & nurses really know their stuff. Our pets love them too ❤️ Prices are extremely competitive also, thanks for looking after our little ones!
- Anais Nin
Visits to the vet can sometimes be a difficult experience, but Vets of Geelong (Geelong West and Highton) make it that little bit easier. Very friendly staff and welcoming.
I really appreciate the follow up calls the next day - a nice bonus touch!
- David Keele
Have been to both Highton and Geelong West Veterinary Clinics and both have been outstanding with their friendliness, care and compassion towards both patient and clients. I was very satisfied with the care/treatment my animals received. I just received a follow up letter asking how my Dog is doing and some goodies/vouchers. How lovely
- Olivia Addison
Very happy with the service provided and would highly recommend the Geelong West vet to anyone who needs any form of pet care. Kind and caring staff who take pride in making you and for me my cat feel safe . The after care support is excellent aswell.
- Craig Smith
Our main vet Annie has looked after our boy Badger so well along with the rest of the team. They've really brought him so much happiness in his old age.
Love the ID tags as well, brilliant idea.
- Chloe Drummond