Veterinary Nurse – Lead Nurse – Full time
We are looking for an experienced, qualified veterinary nurse who would love to join our team in a leadership role. Due to substantial growth and team movement between the two clinics we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse to take the next step in their career.
No previous lead nurse experience is necessary, however you will have the confidence in your day-to-day nursing to supervise a nursing team, and a willingness to learn the leadership skills required to help the clinic run smoothly.
The successful candidate will work 4 full days per week and with the possibility of the occasional weekend cover.
At Vets of Geelong we live by our core values and have developed a strong clinic culture that means:
- Animals come first
- We’re all in this together so teamwork is a must
- Opportunities for Growth and Learning are available and encouraged
- We like to have Fun whilst providing an Exceptional Customer Experience
At Vets of Geelong you will work with senior clinical vets with varied special interests to help you advance your skills. We actively encourage you to continue your education through workshops and courses. Your week will be varied with consults, radiography, surgery and dentistry. You are supported by experienced nursing and business managers who will teach you all you need to know about running a clinic on a day to day basis.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Day to day supervision of the team
- Assist with stock control and ordering
- Assist the reception team
- Communicate with our management team regarding the needs of the clinic
- Assist with medical and surgical cases
- Provide excellent and compassionate customer service to our clients
- Perform blood collection, lab work, instruments cleaning and IV catheterisation
- Patient management, feeding, toileting, bathing and care
- Assist with nurse triage or nurse consultations
We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of surgical nursing experience inc. anaesthesia monitoring in theatre
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Minimum Certificate IV or equivalent
- Exceptional customer service and strong communication skills
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic, empathetic, mature and responsible with a can-do attitude
- Ability to take responsibility and follow tasks through
You can see what we do at www.vetsofgeelong.com.au or check our social media pages for the lighter side of the clinic on:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 20th March 2022