We know not everyone wants a Monday to Friday job, and the opportunity has arisen for this new position at Vets of Geelong to slot into our weekend roster!
At Vets of Geelong we live by our core values and have developed a strong clinic culture that means:
- Animals come first
- We’re all in this together so teamwork is a must
- Opportunities for Growth and Learning are available and encouraged
- We like to have Fun whilst providing an Exceptional Customer Experience
We have two sites in Highton and Geelong West and are looking for the person that will fit into our team of skilled professionals. At Vets of Geelong we have a great mix of experienced veterinarians with varied special interests to help you advance your skills. We actively encourage you to continue your education through workshops, courses and conferences. Your weekend shifts will be varied with consults and all the things that come with the weekend work. You are supported by a large nursing and reception team and will be part of a team that is constantly moving forward.
We have all of the equipment necessary to perform high standards of care including digital dental x-ray, full inhouse IDEXX suite of machines and have recently added a brand new ultrasound, and DR X-ray with floating table. Oh, and did we mention that we have literally just moved into our brand new, purpose built clinic at Highton in December?
We are looking for someone who has:
- a can do personality and is optimistic about life
- excellent communication skills and finds it easy to build relationships with people
- an empathetic nature and yet understands why we need to balance the needs of the Pet, Client, Team and Owners
- time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks whilst still being flexible to cope with the emergency that comes in the door
You will work weekend shifts (typically 8am to 4pm Saturdays and/or Sunday 10am to 4pm), and of course there is always the option of a weekday shift should you want to consider extra shifts. Regarding the frequency of weekends we are happy to work in with your life when it comes to our rostering. We can offer the successful applicant a great work environment with a generous salary based on experience. Ideally the position suits someone with 2 years or more years experience. Weekend shifts generally have two or three vets on at the same time, so colleague support is available if needed.
To join the team tell us about yourself and why Vets of Geelong is the right clinic for you. Send us an email or even a video with your story to email@example.com or call Jennie on 0425 718 838 with any questions you may have.
You can see what we do at www.vetsofgeelong.com.au or check our social media pages for the lighter side of the clinic.