- Do you love surgery and want your own orthopaedic and surgical caseload?
- Would you like the majority of your shifts to be surgical with a few consulting shifts thrown in?
Vets of Geelong – Highton has said goodbye to our current orthopaedic vet as he heads off to join a specialist centre and we would love you to come and take his role.
Over the last 3 years Vets of Geelong – Highton has grown it’s orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery case load to enable our GP clinic to perform TPLO’s, complex fracture repairs and variety of soft tissue surgeries so we don’t have to send as many patients off to specialist centres in Melbourne. We love supporting vets to find their own niche in the clinic and are open to what your surgery interests are as well.
We have a Synthes orthopaedic set up, DR Xray with floating table, sterile cautery with ligasure and a brand new, purpose built clinic we recently moved into in December 2021.
At Vets of Geelong – Highton we live by our core values and have developed a strong clinic culture that means:
- Animals come first
- We’re all in this together so teamwork is a must
- Opportunities for Growth and Learning are available and encouraged
- We like to have Fun whilst providing an Exceptional Customer Experience
We are a fast paced, large clinic (that keeps on growing!) and are looking for the right person that will fit into our team.
Although predominantly reliant on your own surgical experience, you will have the support of our fantastic veterinary nurses, you will be able to liaise and be part of a team with senior clinical vets with varied special interests together with associate vets at varying stages of their careers. For more complex procedures we are happy to bring in specialist vets for you to scrub in with and actively encourage you to continue your education through workshops, courses and conferences.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a can do personality and is optimistic about life
- excellent communication skills and finds it easy to build relationships with people
- an empathetic nature and yet understands why we need to balance the needs of the Pet, Client, Team and Clinic Owners
- time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks whilst still being flexible to cope with the emergency that comes in the door
Our roster is 4 days per week and sharing 1.5 weekends in 5. Full time preferred however Part Time works too, and NO out of Hours- as we have designated vets that cover these shifts.
Generous Salary is commensurate with your surgical experience (FTE) plus super, CPD and study leave.
To join the team at Vets of Geelong – Highton tell us about yourself and why Vets of Geelong – Highton is the right clinic for you. Send us an email or even a video with your story to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jennie on 0425 718 838 with any questions you may have.
You can see what we do at www.vetsofgeelong.com.au or check our social media pages for the lighter side of the clinic.