Do you love the thrill of emergency work but want to work life balance?
Did you like the fast pace and autonomy of emergency work but are not keen on working into the early hours when everyone else is fast asleep?
Vets of Geelong has the emergency caseload with the advantage that you don’t have to work ALL night. Imagine working evenings and nights until 11pm and then having much of the day free? You get the thrill of consultations and surgeries with the luxury of having the support of not only the team of Vets of Geelong but Geelong Animal Emergency for the more serious cases overnight if needed.
Vets of Geelong – Highton’s extended hours means our clients can visit us at a time convenient to them and we can be there for those unexpected emergencies.
Our team lives by our core values and have developed a strong clinic culture that means:
- Animals come first
- We’re all in this together so teamwork is a must
- Opportunities for Growth and Learning are available and encouraged
- We like to have Fun whilst providing an Exceptional Customer Experience
- We are a fast paced, large clinic (that keeps on growing!) and are looking for the right person that will fit into our team.
Ideally you would have emergency experience and/or an MANZCS in Emergency Medicine, however it might suit someone who also is aspiring MANZCS or just really loves emergency work! We are happy to support you as you study and become more proficient if you are the right fit for our team.
Although predominantly working sole charge with the support of our experienced emergency veterinary nurses, you will be able to liaise and be part of a team of senior clinical vets with varied special interests together with associate vets at varying stages of their careers.
Continuing your education through workshops, courses and conferences is actively supported and encouraged.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a can do personality and is optimistic about life
- excellent communication skills and finds it easy to build relationships with people
- an empathetic nature and yet understands why we need to balance the needs of the Pet, Client, Team and Owners
- time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks whilst still being flexible to cope with the emergency that comes in the door
Our roster is flexible and negotiable. Full time preferred however Part Time or negotiated days would be considered for the right person.
Salary package includes generous base salary plus out of hours bonuses, super, CPD and study leave.
To join our team tell us about yourself and why Vets of Geelong – Highton is the right clinic for you. Send us an email or even a video with your story to email@example.com or call Jennie on 0425 718 838 with any questions you may have.
You can see what we do at www.vetsofgeelong.com.au or check our social media pages for the lighter side of the clinic.